Sunday, June 27, 2010

email from my aunt...

This saturday nite?? we are going to an alumni dinner at 6:30ish...
what sounds good for you for the 4th... I want to have something that you will be comfortable w/ for food??? any ideas.... been kicking around maybe veggies roasted on a kabob (peppers. cherry tomatoes, pineapple, zucchini, ??? whatever else??) The cheese enchiladas I did in the crock pot last yr... would that be to much starch & cheese for you??? I want you to enjoy but not have to be concerned about what you are eating!! let me know!!!

3 comments:

  1. Is this email a good thing or bad thing? Because I could see it either way, I suppose. Nice that she wants to have food you like/will eat, but I guess it could be bad if she is being overconcerned/snarky about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think she is trying to be sweet...but it just shows me how people view me. i guess i do not hide my food anxiety well.
    it makes me sad people worry what i will eat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd prefer a concerned email about my choices of food over being beat senseless with 'but you just have to have a sometimes'

    don't let it make you sad, people worry too much about everything others do - when I was heavy my family worried about my health then, when I was losing weight they worried I was doing it for the wrong reasons/losing too fast/too slow, training for triathlons someone was always worried I'd hurt myself, and now people worry I'm too thin, I don't eat enough ...blah. blah. blah.

    maybe they should spend a little more time worrying about themselves

    ReplyDelete