Thursday, May 13, 2010

oprah said food can't be the best part of your life. so what does it say when NOT eating food is the best part of your life???

tonight i was sitting in an auditorium full of parents like me, listening to the high school band
(who's rated first in the entire state of Illinois, whoop whoop)
and all i could think about was how awesome my wrist looks....
how there is a deep hallow between where my wrist meets the tiny bone that eventually goes up into my thumb....
about how vein-y my hand is, especially on days that i lift....
and then i looked around me at all these other people.
some were fat, some were normal. one or two were tiny like me.
but i look at them, and i think they are lucky, or it is genetics.
and i became really sad.

can you imagine a moment that wasn't full of thoughts about food?
or not eating food?
or new ways to burn off that food?

i can't.

but i imagine that most people can.

and sometimes, i wish i knew what that felt like.

2 comments:

  1. I have no clue what it's like to not be constantly salivating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor can i imagine a life where food and weight are not constantly "running" my life...

    ReplyDelete