Wednesday, May 5, 2010

rpm

well, this is it.
this is the view i have when i'm working.
well, actually, i am looking at a bunch of sweaty people...
but when i've got my headphones on and i'm working out a class on paper, this is what i look at.

i REALLY love my job.

i have three subbing gigs in the next two weeks.
i am the only person who gets asked to sub.

i think this says a lot.

fitness is a cut-throat business.
i see people stabbing each other in the back for clients on a daily basis.
in general, clients in a gym respond best to whoever pets them the most.

i want no part in this.
i want to put out a good class.
i want my people to drip sweat.
i want them to have fun, maybe make friends and find support.

i want...
just my little classes.
in my little gym.
i have no greater ambition.
and i think my coworkers appreciate this.

1 comment:

  1. I'm certain your coworkers appreciate your integrity; you aren't there with a 'whatever it takes' mentality just to put yourself ahead and it's obvious you respect the work of others.

    I admire you.

    ReplyDelete